Ever think about how our feet have a tough time? Well, there is a lot of rush in modern times and the modern footwear included can be tough. This can add up and affect our health. You can buy yourself a foot massage. Don’t get worried because here are 6 tips to keep the feet healthy:
#1. Keep dry feet
A basic hygiene principle is to keep the feet dry. The reason is moist conditions can create conditions for fungus to grow. Here are some ways to keep the feet dry:
- Choose shoes made of natural materials that let the skin breathe
- Try to avoid wearing the same pair shoes several days in a row
- Wipe the feet thoroughly after a shower
- Remember to trim the toenails straight across. Do not round the corners.
- If you trim the toenails too short that might result in ingrown toenails.
- Try to avoid cutting the cuticles. Just gently push them back toward the base.
#3. Keep the toenails healthy
The following process is here to help you to relieve ingrown toenail pain:
- Soak the feet in warm water for as long as 15-20 minutes. Then you can add 1 tablespoon salt to 1 liter of the water.
- Place a clean dental floss under the edge of a nail and lift it gently.
- Treat that area with antiseptic and bandage the toe to protect it from infection.
- Repeat the process until your toe is fully healed.
#4. Soaking the feet in warm water
For making your feet look gorgeous and to make the heels feel baby soft, soak the feet in warm water. Do it for around 15-20 minutes once in a week. You may use a variety of ingredients for re-energizing the feet. Salt, essential oils, and herbal infusions are great ingredients to use. Use a foot scrub and remove the dry or dead skin from your feet afterward.
#5. Moisturize your feet
It is best for you to use creams that contain emollients. There are a few emollients such as dimethicone, lanolin, and Vaseline as well as some moisturizing ingredients like glycerin and lecithin. Just remember that you should not moisturize the area between the toes or it will cause fungus.
#6. Massage the feet
Foot massage is one of the best therapies to take care of your feet. It helps to get rid of fatigue and helps the blood circulation in the body as well. And your feet can get healthy with a foot massage. You can place a tennis ball under the feet or any round object and start to roll it back and forth from the toes to the heel.
Right now, there are so many options for you to choose from to keep the feet healthy. And surely this is great news for you.
However, the best electric massager can cost a fortune.