Wires and Cables are a necessity as well as a requisite in every electrical, electronical and infrastructural projects whether it’s a medium or a high end project like domestic buildings – flats and apartments or commercial buildings – malls and multiplexes, huge infrastructural projects like roads and flyovers, for telephone lines and many others. If you have a similar project at hand, contact one of the leading wires and cables manufactures. There are several types of wires and cables available in the market, you have to choose the one for your project depending on the surrounding environment (like dry, moist or underwater) and the electric load that the cable will be required to bear and transmit. The certified and leading wires and cables manufacturers will be able to guide you for the type that is required for your project, adjust the sizes and colour coding and also provide you the most genuine products.
Types – The most commonly available Wires and Cables can be summarized as below:
- Coaxial cable – used to transmit radio frequency signals.
- Direct-buried cable
- Flexible cables
- Filled cable
- Heliax cable
- Non-metallic sheathed cable
- Metallic sheathed cable, where high conductivity is required
- Multicore cable which comprises of more than one wire and is sheathed by another cable
- Paired cable – comprises of two individually insulated conductors which are usually used in DC or low-frequency AC applications
- Portable cord – similar to Flexible cables and are generally used in AC power in portable applications
- Ribbon cable – Useful when many wires are required. These are highly flexible in nature and can handle low-level voltages.
- Shielded cable – Used for sensitive electronic circuits and to provide a safe guard to high-voltage applications.
- Single cable – the most commonly used wires
- Structured cabling
- Submersible cable – especially for under water projects, water pumps and irrigation. These are insulated with a thick rubber coating to prevent shocks and help the wires transmit electric current in water and moist conditions.
- Twin and earth
- Twinax cable
- Twin-lead – This is available in flat two-wire lines and is normally used as a transmission line between an antenna and a receiver (like a TV and radio or cable connection with a TV). These cables are stranded to lower skin effects.
- Twisted pair – This comprises of two insulated wires interlocked with each other and resembles a paired cable however the paired ones are twisted.
Features – Consult the leading and certified wires and cables manufacturers so that the below features are present which will make them serve you for long without any hassles.
- High conductivity
- Strong and durable
- Safety guard in high voltage current
- Finish and precision
- Suitability for use in moist, underground, dry or under water conditions
- Colour coding
Consult the leading manufacturer and dealer of wires and cables in the market to receive the best of products so that they stand the test of time, as they will be able to guide you on the exact type of wires and cables you would need for your project. Make sure that the wires and cables are tested and certified as per quality standards before buy them. Always remember to choose the best quality and genuine products since these are critical items that will involve a heavy load of electric current and a small carelessness might lead to a greater damage!