Pan card is a compulsory legal document issued by the income tax department of our country for all the individuals earning income in India. Most of the couples in India after marriage, mostly wives prefer to change their name on pan card, passport etc.
The online portals made by the government of India are easily accessible and are very safe to use. In this huge era of digitalization pan card name correction is just some clicks away.
Following are the steps to change PAN Card Name after Marriage
Pan card details are ought to be corrected when they are misspelled, change of name before or after the marriage.
- Open the official website NSDL (national securities depositaries limited) or TIN (tax information network) for the change of name.
- While scrolling page down check on the left side of the application form where change is required.
- Fill the form with your details carefully and then click ‘submit’.
- After the form is accepted you will receive pan acknowledgment number with PAN details and correction request.
- Send your signed and affixed address proof, identity proof, demand draft, photograph, proof of existing PAN and date of birth proof with the acknowledgment form to NSDL office which is:
NSDL e-governance infrastructure Limited
5th floor, mantra sterling
Plot No. 341 Survey No. 997/8,
Model colony, near deep bungalow chowk
Pune – 411016.
- After the completion of all the steps mentioned above, you have to pay the fee for pan card name change which is Rs.110 only for contact address within India via credit card or demand draft which is payable only at Mumbai drawn in favor of ‘NSDL-PAN’.
- If the contact address is outside India the fee is Rs.1020 via credit card or demand draft which is payable at Mumbai.
Below is the list of documents required to Change PAN Card Name After Marriage:
After completing the procedure mentioned above you will require supporting documents which are to be attached with the application form or the acknowledgment form.
- A copy of passport showing name of your spouse.
- Wedding invitation and marriage certificate.
- Publication of name change in official gazette.
- Certificate issued by a gazetted officer.
Do remember that the acknowledgment number has to be mailed within 15 days of submitting application form online. Once the application has been processed you will receive your updated Pan card with same the permanent. You can track the status of your pan card name correction online.
Pan card plays a vital role when it comes to buying a new car, start a new business, for investments in securities like bonds/insurance. The online portal has made this process very hustle free and time-saving. In this way, one can keep all their necessary documents updated.
These portals are useful for the foreign citizens and are also used by researchers to gather information about India.